Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Anonymity

One of the reasons that I'm not writing as much of late is that I've been wondering about where to take this blog (if anywhere). I want to say more about what I'm doing, especially with respect to science, but that does take away any hope of staying (relatively) anonymous.

For a number of complicated reasons, I was uncomfortable revealing more about my identity, but some of those reasons are gradually going away. This is good news!!! At the same time, I have blogged about some fairly intimate stuff in the past..... I would to hate to feel limited by what I can write, by worrying about who might read it.

At any rate, it looks like, I may do some cleaning up of old posts, and lift the veil slightly. More and more over time, maybe. And blog more. Since that's what it's always been about. The saga of my house is a start.

3 comments:

Cuttlefish said...

I'll be curious how it goes--it is no surprise that I am a firm supporter of anonymity; I could be in a similar position, but so far have chosen to embrace the anonymity at the expense of saying what I might otherwise.

I do wish you all the luck in the world, though!

makita said...

Hi CF!
I haven't quite made up my mind yet, but I'm leaving open the possibility.

I will never have much of a following, I can't say things as beautifully as you can!

carphephorus said...

I just found your blog a few days ago and appreciate what you have shared. I am a Ph.D. student in plant pathology and have felt like I was on an island for my views so it was refreshing to read that there are others out there with similar views.