Friday, September 21, 2007

Beat

Not the beat of tired (yet). My mother-in-law announced last week that she's coming to visit this Sunday. I had to finish off the guestroom/playroom in a hurry. As a result, the house is more of a mess than it's ever been before. With kids around it's impossible to clean up. They increase the mess faster than I can clean it up. So, this morning is dedicated to the house. And there is nothing to spur one on than the irresistible beat of Mark Anthony's album "Desde Un Principio." Ok, one needs to interrupt the cleaning activities with a few dance steps, but progress is far better than without the beat. Hey, and it's great exercise too. In an hour I'm taking a break to have lunch with my beloved. All things considered, it's a fabulous Friday in the makita-household. Just wanted to share my jubilation.

2 comments:

MikeeUSA said...

I made a new cartoon on feminism at http://mikeeusa.blogspot.com .What do you think?

makita said...

Mikeeusa, I suspect (hope) your cartoon and accompanying post was parody. In that case it was great. In any other case, less so. People are people, and men and women are equally capable of doing good and evil. The difference is, that if a man makes less appropriate choice in life, it's just because he is "bad." When a woman does it, society will never fail to point out that it's because she's female. And that is why feminism is necessary. One of my favorite bumper stickers says it all. Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.