Thursday, November 15, 2007

The real price of quals

After my first pregnancy, I was back to my original ~115 lbs weight within about 3 months. After my second child, it took me 6 months to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of ~118 lbs. Now, finally, almost 2 1/2 years after the birth of #3, have I made it back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 124 lbs (down from 166 lbs on the day of her birth). Ignore the gradual increase in weight as time progresses, I can live with that. Just focus on the 124 lbs.

Since I started writing my qualifying exams, I have done nothing but eat, snack, eat, snack and drink while I write. It doesn't help that we have loads of Halloween candy left, and I can't stop. I'm facing a month of qualifying exams. Would anyone hazard to guess what I will weigh on December 13th when this is all over? Or how much I will weigh after the winter break? Feel free to leave estimates behind. I promise I will weigh myself on December 13th, and put up an honest answer (shudder...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

less than me.

i just want you both to know, good luck. we're all counting on you.

makita said...

Thanks I appreciate the vote of confidence. I'm thinking it'll be 4-6 lbs by Dec 13, and addition 2-4 over the holiday break.
Note: I don't fuss excessively about my weight. If I did that in my weight class I'd be anorexic. But I did have to work hard after #3 to get to where I am now. I'd like to keep it that way, but these darned quals!

makita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.