I finally turned in my second exam. It was a strange one. The professor did not give me a deadline to complete the open-book exam, so I had to write, until I thought it was enough. But when is enough, well... enough? With six questions, rather broad in scope, there seemed to be no end to my writing. I could have written a book on each of the questions. Eventually I just gave up, and turned in what I had. Hopefully it will be adequate. I suppose I prefer a deadline. At least then I can do the best I can in the time available, and no more. The exam also had a closed-book section, so I did that on Friday. Tomorrow morning the next exam should come in. I can hardly wait... not.
F1-3 woke up this morning with a high fever and nausea. So much for working on exams today. I don't remember her ever being this cranky. She has been inconsolable for hours now, and complains that her eyes hurt. I scheduled a doctor's appointment for this afternoon. In the meantime, I serve no other purpose in life that being the hanger she has suspended herself from.
F1-3 cried for almost 3 hours straight, at which point I scheduled an appointment and took her in to see the doctor. Strep throat, accompanying rash. Antibiotics. Contagious for another 24 hours after starting meds. And to top it all off, when we changed F1-2, we noticed the same rash, and he had a slight fever. It looks like I'm home at least through Wednesday with 2 sick kids. This should make for an interesting qualifying exam.
F1-2 definitely has Scarlet fever. Just lovely. And this morning he had 4 seizures. I spent the entire morning at the doctor's office with him. My exam came in Monday night. I have a week to answer 1 question. And it's not exactly an easy question either. I haven't even had time to do a basic literature search yet. Ready, set....go!
My Letter to the USDA on "BE" Labels
2 minutes ago