Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Arrays again

Considering the fact that I'm supposed to present a poster later this summer on the microarray data that my adviser has collected in collaboration with another lab, I figured it was time to brush the old data off again. I must admit that I've been so busy that I haven't taken a look at the data in about a year.

My research has taken off in a different direction, then I got busy taking written and oral qualifying exams, and currently I'm furiously trying to finish up research by the end of the summer to hopefully graduate in the Fall. In addition I had gotten a bit frustrated by my inability to find software that would allow me to look at the data, maybe suggest some biological pathways involved, without taking one or more courses in how to work the software. That dilemma hasn't changed yet, but the date of my poster presentation is creeping ever closer. If you know of any good idea for affordable microarray analysis software, don't be shy, tell me about it.

I'm currently looking into an online package called Expression Profiler. Wish me luck.

No comments: