Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Silence

Why is Makita so silent these days? Has she had enough of blogging?

Well, here it is guys and gals. I'm hoping that this is the home stretch, and is it ever torture!

1. My adviser is leaving at the end of this month, and although I have a co-adviser for the Fall semester it will not be the same.
2. I have to prepare and present two posters at a meeting at the end of July.
3. My first dissertation draft is due in early October. That is 3 months from now!
4. I'm still frantically doing experiments to get the necessary data. I just harvested one yesterday. While I'm processing those samples (plants, soil, and disease data), I have to set up the next experiment.

To prepare the posters for the meeting I've been up until 3-4 am in the morning almost every day for the past 2 weeks. There isn't enough coffee in the world to keep me awake anymore.

So you see, I hardly have time to read blogs (and I miss doing that dearly!), so writing blog posts myself right now is a bit tough, But I'll try to do better.

By the time October comes along it will be clear where I stand. Whether my work will be deemed good enough to graduate or not. December is the ultimate deadline for me. In terms of immigration status and funding. If I don't graduate by December, I will not graduate at all. And that would be a shame. So I suppose this means more sleepless nights, and less blogging for the foreseeable future. I will put up a post in the near future to introduce the newest addition to our family, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

EcoGeoFemme said...

Good luck and hang in there!