Friday, March 20, 2009

Update

In the good news department, I'm love being a post-doc. It's really nice to do research and not have to worry about classes and such. More good news: A paper I submitted in December was accepted with some minor modifications. Not half bad. But wait! There's more! I'm submitting another paper today, and hopefully wrapping up the modifications to the first this weekend. And it doesn't stop there either. I'm also finishing up my first post-doc project and I'll be writing that paper in the next little while. I simply cannot be stopped.

On the not so good news department, The dementor (father of F1-1) served me with legal documents, asserting that whatever problems F1-1 is facing are entirely my fault, and therefore it would be in F1-1's best interest to go live with his father. In addition, his father ought to be the only person to make decisions about F1-1's medical care, education, and religion.

Yep, you read that right, he should decide the kid's religion. It's pretty clear he does not think F1-1 (who is 13 by the way), ought to have any say in the matter. It's not going to be pretty, and it will drag out for many moons. But such is life. I refuse to have my life turned upside down by the dementor. He can't possibly have any evidence to substantiate his allegations, because they're simply not true, but that does not make it a happy situation.

However, knowing me, I'll focus on the good stuff. Remember all those publications? And that I like my job.. a lot? That is determining my current state of mind, and I am positively jubilant!

4 comments:

EcoGeoFemme said...

Congratulations on the pubs!

I hope the legal problem goes away quickly.

makita said...

Hi EGF,
Thanks for the congrats, I'll take those any time. Sadly, the legal problems are here to stay. For a very, very long time. At least half a year, more likely a full year. But I won't let it get me down. I have too many things going my way right now.

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Good luck with the publications, and with all the legal stuff... that sucks. But yay Makita on the rest!

makita said...

Thanks Cath! The main drawback of all this is the slowing of blogging, hopefully I'll be in full swing again soon.