Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Celebration!

Tonight I'm in such a good mood! For all intents and purposes I've finished my first project in my new lab as a post-doc. I've never actually had a project that was just finished. There was always something else that had to be done, a slew of experiments that could/should be done. None of that. A few minor holes to be plugged, and I've already done those experiments and sent them off, just waiting for results. There is nothing left to do but write the paper.

Did I mention how much I like my boss? He's *the* best. Really. He gave me an easy project and nothing but great feedback. He is always encouraging to everyone in the lab. He's wonderful!

I'm so happy and relaxed right now. A couple of glasses of red wine certainly didn't hurt, but I was already feeling like this on my way home from work. Did I mention that I absolutely loooove being a post-doc? If I had known how much fun it would be, I would have graduated ages ago.

I wish I had a babysitter, so I could grab P-1 and go have fun somewhere downtown. And get him drunk, take him home and ..... you don't want to know the rest. I haven't felt this good in a long time. Just wanted to share.

3 comments:

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

I'm glad it's going well! Being a postdoc is so much better than being a student!

EcoGeoFemme said...

I'm really late to comment, but I'm glad things are good. It does sound great to finish a project, especially so quickly! I hope things have continued to go well.

makita said...

Hi EcoGeoFemme,
Thank you so much for your comment, don't worry about being late. I've been so swamped and reluctant to post as legal issues are scorching hot, that I haven't posted regularly. Things have continued to go well for me professionally, and hopefully I can keep it up.