Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A great man passed away today


"Today is truly a sad, sad, day." With these words my father opened his speech at his father's funeral. And today he passed away and the words are just as true today as they were then. My father was a truly the one that held the family together during tough times. He was a wonderful father, and grandfather (and if I can believe my mother a great husband too). But we lose more than just a member of the family. My father was truly a visionary, and he set standards of excellence in teaching, politics, and public speaking that will be nearly impossible to meet. His humanity and the love for his country will remain unrivaled for many years to come. It is hard for me to say more at this point. He will be missed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Kate said...

Thinking of you and appreciating you today. I'm sorry that we've lost what sounds like a wonderful man.

Anonymous said...

You have my sincerest condolences.

I hope you are well.

Jeb, FCD

makita said...

Thanks for the sentiments.